School Values and Ethos
Church Drive Primary School Values
We have always prided ourselves on being a caring school with a positive atmosphere. Our school values seek to make explicit what is happening implicitly. They provide for our children a structure for understanding the way we behave so that everyone is clear about the way we should act and relate to one another. A value can be defined as a ‘principle that guides behaviour’. The school has an established vision and we see adopting school values as a further step in enabling us to meet that vision.
It is about the whole school community and a huge part of this is you, the parents. To feel valued is a special thing and something we want to make sure everyone experiences at Church Drive Primary School.
A – Aspiration: We want our pupils to fulfil their potential and be successful in all that they do.
R – Respect: We treat each other with respect and kindness by valuing and accepting our differences.
C – Courage: We help our pupils to be honest, confident to take risks, overcome their doubts and fears and not be afraid to make mistakes.
- Create an exciting, inspiring and nurturing environment that our pupils want to come to every day.
- Be uncompromising in our aspirations for our pupils by creating strong foundations for future success.
- Have a strong reputation for success in the academic curriculum as well as the creative, expressive arts and sport.
- Be recognised as an outstanding and unique school.
- Provide a safe environment where our pupils have a voice, high self-esteem and good mental health.
- Ensure all pupils are treated fairly and are provided with the opportunities they need to be successful.